Friday, May 09, 2008

Vacation time

Once again it's travel time at the Allen house. We are going to Croatia for 10 days on sunday. This time we did not book anything, therefore we are open to camping or an apartment or maybe we'll do both. We are planning on going to the islands Rab and Krk, Plitvicer Lakes and Krka Waterfalls. It's about 8 hours from here and a beautiful drive through Bavaria, Austria, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. Croatia is known as one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, but many people are still hesitant to go there because of the recent ugly war. There are still some land mines and war destructions but more inside the country and not on the coast. We used to vacation there when I was a child (before the war) and I have some great memories. I realize it won't be the same after such a horrible war and over 20 years later, but I am SUPER excited to take my family to build memories like I have of Croatia. And I am sure the country can really use tourism anyway!
So look out for pics in about 2 weeks.


Well, I also just got back from a trip with my sister Nadine, her little son Luca and Shilda 2 days ago. So, where did we go???
Of course, to Turkey for one week. By now you all probably know I am totally in love with Turkey (who else goes 3 times in 1 year to the same place). I can't even totally describe what it is with me and Turkey...part the beauty, the friendliest people, the smell of herbs, the crowded markets, the music, the spicey food, getting invited to drink tea on every stand at the bazar....
I have been to quite a few countries, but no country caught me like Turkey.
Anyway, we had a GREAT time. I have probably never laughed more in my life. Great girls holiday with one moody guy only - Luca!
Despite the fun we had both Nadine and I missed our 4 guys at home and decided to come back later this year with both our families. So, our Motto from now on is: AFTER VACATION IS BEFORE VACATION!

BTW, I only took 3 pics this whole week there, but took some video which I will post when we get back.

No comments: